This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error: Could not load file or assembly 'HtmlToOpenXml, Version=1.3.0.0, ...or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:15 PM
I'm creating a SharePoint 2010 test environment trying to mirror our production environment. We have a custom solution that apparently uses HtmlToOpenXML, version 1.3.0.0. I have been able to deploy the solution successfully to the farm, but when I try to use the solution I receive the below error:
Error: Could not load file or assembly 'HtmlToOpenXml, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6ad79d83e2b60e63' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified._

Can anyone point me in the right direction in trying to troubleshoot this?____
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2016 at 8:24 PM
Hi,

Please make sure you have also installed the DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll in the GAC (lib from OpenXml SDK)
Oct 10, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Sorry, I’m not a developer. I was originally getting the Documentformat.openxml.dll is Missing / Not Found Error, but after I installed it I started getting the HtmlToOpenXml error. I’m not sure what to do with the htmltoopenxml.dll? It’s not clear to me.

Thanks!

Tanya Matthes

334-220-5550

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2016 at 9:25 PM
This library takes some Html snippet as input and convert it to native Word.
Maybe the dll is not matching the correct version. For v1.3, I was using SDK 2.0
Make sure your Application Pool is targeting at least .Net 3.5

See release notes: https://html2openxml.codeplex.com/releases/view/47890