This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is rowspan Working?

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I was wondering if the rowspan table attribute was expected to be working.

The markup below gives me the error "Ambiguous cell mapping encountered. Possible missing paragraph element. <p> elements are required before every </tc>".

<table border="0">
  <tbody>
    <tr>
      <td rowspan="2">1</td>
      <td>2</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td>4</td>
    </tr>
  </tbody>
</table>

Perhaps there have been code changes related to this recently?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Hi Jonwood, I've just tested your html snippet and got it working with no warnings. By the way, the library is quite silent and doesn't throw any warnings nor exception messages like that one. I really recommend using the latest version from the source code until v1.5 is released.

Olivier

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Edited Aug 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry for not being more clear. The error comes from Word when I attempt to load the document. The library ran without error. Perhaps you tested loading it into Word as well?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Of course I have loaded the document. I'm on Word 2010. Maybe you are on Word 2007?

Aug 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Edited Aug 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM
onizet wrote:

Of course I have loaded the document. I'm on Word 2010. Maybe you are on Word 2007?

Sorry, I just wanted to confirm as your focus seemed to be on an error from the library. Yes, I'm using the latest version of Word (2010).

Thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM

After some googling, it appears with corrupted documents. Is it the result of a tool conversion?
If you think this library leads the bug, please send me a more complete samples (document template and your complete html snippet).
You can contact me via the Contact form. 

Aug 2, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Yes, it is clearly a corrupt document. We have a large project and have dealt with similar errors many, many times in the past. So I have complete clarity there. And when our code includes the HTML I posted above, I get the specific error that I described. Clearly, rowspan is not being handled correctly for us.

My problem is that I've had to make a bunch of fixes to the code. (I've tried to post most of those fixes here but, although you gave me permission to update the code directly, time restraints have prevented me from actually doing this.) And so I don't have your latest changes. Somehow I have to merge your latest changes with mine.

That's why I asked about changes made to the handling or rowspan. I was trying to figure out if you've made any fixes related to this recently.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Not on the rowspan. You are the first user to report a bug on that feature.
I will be happy to include any bug fixes into the source code but I prefer keeping an eye on the changes.
You can send me your code as-is and I will merge myself.
I have other user's change requests to include anyway.

Thanks for you help

Aug 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I was able to confirm the code works with your current version but not with mine. Will try and determine what is different.

Thanks.