This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Being Converted to Degree Symbol

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:04 AM

In addition to <ul> and <ol> list items not being converted, I think I've found another bug with the library.

The problem is when the source contains &nbsp; In Word, I see a degree symbol.

On closer inspection, this appears to be a Unicode/ASCII issue. It looks like it's inserting the Unicode character 0x2000 instead of 0x0020.

Any chance of address both this issue and the problem with ordered and unordered lists?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Hi,

To be honest with you, I already check the <ul> <ol> bug, reported by many users. Nothing easy and I don't have a lot of free times to fix the bug :(
I still need to fix embedded list but the beta version works with your sample code (taken from your other reply):

<p>Order List.</p><ol><li>Item 1</li><li>Item 2</li><li>Item 3</li></ol><p>Unordered List.</p><ul><li>Item 1</li><li>Item 2</li><li>Item 3</li></ul><p>&nbsp;</p>

I don't have the degree symbol bug neither.

Hope that can solve quickly your problem

Aug 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Okay, thanks. Perhaps I misunderstood what someone else posted about the beta not fixing everything.

But I'm not sure why I'm having trouble with &nbsp; I will run some further tests.

And, yes, I understand you have generously provided this library and we all very busy. Depending on my client's requirements, I may need to dig into the source code myself. If that happens, perhaps we can collaborate on some of the issues that come up.

Thanks.

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Hmm... Unfortunately, I'm getting a null reference exception today.

I believe the following is the HTML being fed in. I realize it may not be correct. But it shouldn't cause a null reference exception.

<tr> <td>Suggested Attire</td> <td>Casual clothing, sunscreen, sunglasses</td> </tr> <p> </p> <table style="WIDTH: 100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td> <strong>INCLUDES</strong> </td> <td> <strong>OPTIONAL ENHANCEMENTS</strong> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> <ul> <li>River guide </li> <li>Rain ponchos (if needed) </li> <li>Life preservers </li> <li>Park entrance fee </li> <li>Bottled water and snacks </li> <li>Transportation </li> <li>Taxes &amp; gratuities </li> </ul> </td> <td valign="top"> <ul> <li>Picnic lunch </li> <li>Waterproof Camera </li> </ul> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <p align="center"> <em> </em> </p> <p align="center"> <em>All prices and services are subject to a 20% DestinationVIP service fee and are subject to change.</em> </p>

Thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Hello,

The NullReferenceException is raised because the code was expecting that every table-related tags are enclosed inside a <table> tag.
I fixed the code and commit the changes. You can download the last changeset here.