This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

HTML to Excel

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Hi does this project support converting Html to xlsx. If it does not do you plan on supporting it?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM

No I'm sorry, this is out of scope and I don't have anymore lots of free time to extend it.

But I will be interested to know what you have in mind and want to achieve.

Dec 19, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Thanks for the response.

The project that I am working on has its own report engine.
The report query brings back XML which is outputted to the browser as HTML through XSLT. Then the user has the ability to print or export the report to PDF or Excel.

For the PDF export a 3rd party library is used to write the Html to PDF.

For excel we have been using the Office 2003 XML format since it is easy to generate the formatted XML with XSLT. Obviously we would like to move away from the Office 2003 XML. The next option would be to use the Open XML SDK to generate the Excel files. I was hoping I could find a library that took the HTML and generated an Excel file with Open XML.

I guess I will have to dig into the SDK myself and learn how to generate Excel files (when I can find the time).

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM, onizet <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

No I'm sorry, this is out of scope and I don't have anymore lots of free time to extend it.

But I will be interested to know what you have in mind and want to achieve.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (notesforhtml2openxml@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email notesforhtml2openxml@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Personally, I think the simpler is working from the Xml to generate the Excel.

Writing an Html parser is complex and you may lost some times with it. But there is a good library (which I considered to use or not for my own converter) : Html Agility Pack.

It allows you to query your Html DOM like a simple Xml file (using XPath).