This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Image Processing

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Edited Sep 3, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Hi,

Recently the image processing stopped working on our production environment. When I click the button that generates the word docx it takes a long time to load and there is no image. There is no image info in the in the openxml when I view it in the productivity tool.

Strangely, if I am working locally pointing to production data and the production location of the image it works fine!

All environments work except for production. Baffling.

I suspect its permissions but since my local machine can generate the docx with image, so maybe its not.

Any idea where I should start to debug this?

Thanks very much!

Doug

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Hi Doug,

What is the settings you use to download the image ? If you let everything by default, it will use IE settings to connect to the web page and download the images.Are you behind a proxy ? Is your server and the account that is running HtmlToOpenXml has enough permission to request a web page ?

Is your image src absolute or relative ?

If the processing takes a long time, there is a timeout somewhere.

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Thank you for your quick response. I downloaded the source and set some break points and determined it was the System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(uri) call.

I created a test page for production to catch the exception and determined that the prod server could not resolve the uri I was sending.

The networking folk fixed it by adding the url to the hosts file.

Again, thanks for you quick response.